wow... today in our tut we formed our very own small news teams for our own internet studies news paper. well I made two new friends or team mates as I would like to call them. Irshaad and Yuvitha.
I learnt how to work on Zotero today and it was soooooo complicated, but thanks to Irshaad, Yuvi and I managed to find our way and my tutor Joe provided a good guide too.
our sub topic for our article is on the "GOOGLE - CHINA WAR" , the three of us personally feel that this is a good example on how freedom of expression is been disregarded in the world. the other groups are doing topics like the blackberry issue in India, Iraq and other eastern countries and also the intervention of the government in our media.
our topic is most controversial since a whole country is being denied access to information that the whole world has. these people wont have us a broad access like how we have since google is he most famous.
guys if you think that issues are steamy around the troubles with Angelina and Brad Pitt, wait till you hear about the steamy wars around media censorship. for years I have taken for granted my ability to say things when I want too and how I want too, but now when that right or freedom is been threatened, I feel a fear of losing a part of me, and truly our freedom of expression, our opinions and voice are aspects that make as who we are and now those aspects are being challenged.
for now the three of us are surfing the net to find great articles to help us in our research and we are posting them up on zotero. we I plan to do some research alone so when the next time the three of us meet, we wont have such a huge amount of articles to go through. we plan to meet during our free time to discuss this issue and to develop a plan to help execute our ideas well for our news article.
let me sign out now friends.... take care and remember protect your rights....mwha.
No comments:
Post a Comment